Recently, I read one of the funniest articles I’ve ever read in my life about vestigial organs and why they don’t exist according to a creationist. It was funny, not because of the author’s intention, but because of the blatant ignorance that kept repeating itself over and over again in its paragraphs.
But, what are vestigeal organs, and why do they show evidence of evolution? Does the vestigeality of an organ mean that it cannot have been “roped in” to serve another function?
For centuries we have had questions about strange things on our bodies:
- Why do we have appendices?
- Why do we have wisdom teeth?
- What is that tiny pink spot in the inside corner of our eye?
- Why are there muscles in our ears that don’t move?
- Why do we get goosebumps when we’re cold?
- Why do babies grab anything that their tiny hands touch?
- Why do men…
View original post 1,741 more words